Microsoft Office 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't install Office 2003 on CrossOver Office Standard 5.0.1

I don't know where I'm doing wrong - I keep getting this "ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE" and I tried the following:

1. install as ordinary user
  2. install as superuser
  3. install in a fresh bottle both as a superuser and as ordinary user
  4. install by running a command from a new bottle both as a superuser and as ordinary user
  5. install by running '.../cxoffice/bin/cxinstallwizard' both as superuser and as ordinary user

And I'm trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 Trial that I downloaded from Microsoft's site [got only one executable 'Office.exe'] with CrossOver Office Standard 5.0.1 (trial) on a Debian unstable GNU/Linux (kernel version 2.4.16-386).

And the advice with installing libc6-i686 did not help (I did reinstall CrossOver after installing libc6-i686).

It could be that I have this executable and not a CD which I see everybody is talking about - is there any way I can install this trial version or does anybody know where I can get setup files to install office xp trial version?

Thanks,
Dom

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3pkUE5WWDI1ZUw5ZmJOcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9