Microsoft Office 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Office 2003 under CrossOver Mac 8.0.1

Under my configuration, I have attempted to install selective components of Microsoft Office 2003 under CrossOver Mac, version 8.0.1 and have encountered problems.

Let me begin by saying that everything installed seems to be working without problem. The installation however, failed to do what I told it. I selected all of MS Access and deselected [X] to everything else but ended up with a bottle that installed everything anyway. After I test the stability further, I plan to retest for installation quirks again.

From a functionality aspect, the applications do work. From a control and efficiency aspect, I do not want the excess.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues during installation?

Good evening!

Unfortunately, I am not using Mac but I am using linux. I will retry what you describe above but when I did install it I install typically with all the features or a complete installation so I did not encounter this.

Please feel free to continue posting updates as you experience any more information as well please post your configuration just in case the codeweaver team needs it.

Sincerely,
David
http://www.dcasi.com/shop - For all your software needs!
http://www.pctechworld.com - For all your software needs!

Well I Managed to Install Microsoft Office 2003 Small Business Edition Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Publisher and it went fine I just created a new bottle stuck in the CD and let it install.

MS Publisher is slow at rendering things but it does not stop it from being useable.

Try creating a new bottle and then install it, if that fails I have no idea why it failed.

Haydon Beagley

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ2FUeUhtWWtWSjM3Y0w5VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9