Microsoft Office 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't Install Office 2003 on 9.0

When I try to install Office 2003, I reach a menu that asks me to choose between Office, FrontPage and OneNote but I cannot choose Office (or don't know how to) and the installation fails there. It is apparently an OEM Setup.

Mike,
Thank you for posting your issue. Can you please provide more information regarding your system, setup, and etc. Is it Mac, Linux, and version details. This will enable the correct individuals to be able to get involved.

Sincerely,
David Tenney
Authorized Sunbelt Software Reseller & Security MVP
Tired of having "bloatware" for an Antivirus Solution... try Vipre!
http://www.pctechworld.com
http://www.dcasi.com

The disc probably has the Office installer program somewhere on it. Apparently, it also has that program that offers you that choice, and it is being picked in preference. Either the AUTORUN.INF on the disc references the chooser, or the main SETUP.EXE on the disc is the chooser.

Instead of just picking the disc itself as the installer source in CrossOver's software installer window, try to identify the Office-specific installer program and picking that file, specifically. It might be at the base of the disc's file system but under a different name, or it might be inside of an Office-specific directory.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibXJGY3RZR1ZSVzhDcVlGUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9