Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2007 SP1 fails to install

Vista or WinXP Bottles with only Office 2007 installed, in both cases, fail SP1 upgrade. Attempted from full download from MS. Will continue testing with nightly builds as I get time.

I've been using the latest nightly buils, and i was able to install SP1. Up until now, I haven't have a crash or something like that, so it seems to be working fine.

On the other hand, i tried to install an Office suit with SP2 preinstalled, and it does install it very well. In the begining, it works perfectly well, but after a restart, everytime I open it, a pop up messege apeaars saying that the software has not been installed for the current user, and it closes word. This happens with every office program.

So i think that CrossOver 8 will be able to install SP1 perfecly well. Maybe later, it'll be able to handle SP2 too.

I also see a failure when trying to install Office 2007 SP1. Freshly installed crossover office 9.0.0 on Arch Linux (x86_64). Word is working pretty well so far, but Powerpoint crashes when trying to open Powerpoint files... Windows XP bottle, nothing else installed in the bottle other than Office 2007 SBE.

This is to confirm that issues installing Office 2007 SP1 and SP2 remain with CrossOver Mac Pro 9.0.1.

SP1 installs properly but shows following error message: "The installer has exited but Microsoft Ofice 2007 Service Pack 1 Update does not seem to be installed". Press "Skip This Step" to complete installation.

SP2 does not install. The error message is "The installation of this package failed."

Same issue here with Crossover Linux Standard 9.0.1 on Opensuse 11.3. SP1 seems to have been installed despite an error message. SP 2 however does not install at all.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYW5KRjRzWkVodVprR0tmTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9