Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Status update for 8.0 & trouble installing SP
Doug Schaapveld Chief Senior Advocate
Posted 2009-06-17 09:33
The status for this app is still listed as "Known not to work" yet the CrossOver 8.0.0 announcement says Office 2007 Service Packs 1 and 2 now apply.  I realise this is different than fully supported, but it would be nice if C4 were updated.

Why am I interested?  Because I've got a fresh install of IE7 & Office 2007 in a new bottle, done under 8.0.0, and neither service pack will install.  Any ideas would be appreciated!
Posted 2009-06-17 14:21
Odd.  I did a completely fresh Office 2007 install into a new winxp bottle.  I did not enter any activation code.  I then immediately installed SP 1 (without activating, registering, or even running any of the apps) -- success!

The only differences from my earlier attempt:  1) IE 7 was NOT installed in this bottle (though CrossOver seems to suggest that's a recommended configuration) and 2) I didn't run or activate anything before installing the SP.

Also of note: The CrossOver Add/Remove dialog now shows "Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3" despite never installing Office 2003!
Robert Auch
Robert Auch Nigh-invincible Supreme Raging Atomic Dragon Turbo Chief Senior Advocate
Posted 2009-06-17 14:37
Thanks Doug.  I'm actually still having issues getting it installed in Ubuntu 9.04 even after complete wipes of all crossover settings - I'm working with support to clear up these issues.  I'll try to change the badge to something less offputting till I can verify it myself.
Posted 2009-06-17 14:55
... and that's where my luck ran out.  The SP 2 installation fails, for reasons unknown to me.

Install log for SP 2 failure looks very similar to SP 1 (success).  I do see dozens of "err:msidb:msi_table_load_transform insert row failed" messages occurring after a "fixme:msi:MsiSourceListGetInfoW Unhandled context 4" in the SP 2 log.  There are some "err:msidb:msi_table_load_transform no matching row to transform" messages occurring as well.  NO "err:msidb:" lines occur in the SP 1 log.
Posted 2009-06-17 14:57
Thanks Robert!  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.  Otherwise, I'll wait for the next patch/release.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTM4NzY3MzM4fQ==