Microsoft Office 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Is there a fix to the window minimise problem of Office 2007 on Unity?

Hello,
I use Crossover Linux Standard 10.1.0 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 (Precise) 64bit. I use the default Unity desktop and run only a bottle containing MS Office 2007.

I see a couple of posts in this forum about window issues using Office 2007 on Unity. I also experience major problems with windows when minimising and maximising my office apps. Once minimised or another window brought to front you cant get back to powerpoint again without exiting the application.

Seems to be a consistent problem and its a real pain.

Is it a known bug? and is there a fix?

Thanks for any help,

Peter

Peter Webster wrote:

Hello,
I use Crossover Linux Standard 10.1.0 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04
(Precise) 64bit. I use the default Unity desktop and run only a
bottle containing MS Office 2007.

I see a couple of posts in this forum about window issues using
Office 2007 on Unity. I also experience major problems with windows
when minimising and maximising my office apps. Once minimised or
another window brought to front you cant get back to powerpoint
again without exiting the application.

Seems to be a consistent problem and its a real pain.

Is it a known bug? and is there a fix?

Thanks for any help,

Peter

There are improvements in later versions of CrossOver for several window problems (CrossOver 10.1 is more than a year old). Unfortunately, the issue where office apps stay "maximized" once put into that mode is not resolved. It is a known bug but there is no fix at this time.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWmM5Qm5IOVljcE5FTWQzNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9