Microsoft Office 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2007

Hi, I just donwloaded CrossOver to test its compatibilty with Office 2007, as I'm tired of running Parallels or Office 2011 to get connected to my company. I just can't get the Outlook 2007 to connect to my Exchange server (outlook 2007 in Parallels works and outlook 2011 also works). And any office application just can't be updated as it dependes on Mcirosoft Update (IE7) to run. I tried to install IE7 and it never works (connections issues, screen issues, freeze, etc). How can I make Office 2007 connect to outside world? I need to have this answer to decide if I will buy or not CrossOver.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Hi,

You should submit a support ticket. Give them as much detail as you can about your MS Exchange setup.

Regrading updates, I've got all 3 service packs installed. If all else works fine, you may not need anything else. The security patches are more or less irrelevant because you do not run Windows. There might be certain hotfixes (for functionality related issues) that you may want to apply in specific cases, and those can be usually downloaded and installed directly from MS.

Ticket System - Enter Ticket

Hi Silviu,

1) The Exchange server configurarion should be irrelevante as I'm running in CO the same Office 2007 I can run under Parallels;
2) How can you get the updates offfline?
3) I can't raise a ticket because I didn't buy CO yet. I'm trying it.

Luciano Borges Moraes wrote:

Hi Silviu,

1) The Exchange server configurarion should be irrelevante as I'm
running in CO the same Office 2007 I can run under Parallels;
2) How can you get the updates offfline?
3) I can't raise a ticket because I didn't buy CO yet. I'm trying
it.

Send an email to info@codeweavers.com and explain your issues.

Having exactly the same issue. I have exactly the same reasons as you for wanting Crossover (wine) to work. I'm tired of Parallels and VMware. In fact, I actually bought Parallels 8 and I'm paying by check, which I have not mailed yet, in the desperate hope that I can get this to work. If you have any success, let me know.

Hi, i am using MS office 2007 on Crossover and the updates could be installed using the CX installer. There are in the soaftware list to install as Service packs.
I hope this helps.
Regards.

Mario Brunetti wrote:

Having exactly the same issue. I have exactly the same reasons as
you for wanting Crossover (wine) to work. I'm tired of Parallels
and VMware. In fact, I actually bought Parallels 8 and I'm paying
by check, which I have not mailed yet, in the desperate hope that I
can get this to work. If you have any success, let me know.

Part of the problem is that some Exchange Servers are more difficult to configure and need various pieces of help. We don't want to ask those questions in a forum for obvious enough reasons so we're trying to get people to open Support Tickets or send an email to info@codeweavers.com.

What do we need to know?

The operating system you are using (Mac or Linux and the version)
The Exchange server version you are using (is it hosted, 365, 2013, 2010, CAS, Kerberos, 2007, 2003, etc)
Have you configure for RPC over http?
Have you followed any of the tips and tricks in the Outlook 2007 entry? Which ones?
What type of internet connection are you using? LAN? Dial-up? Wifi? Tethering via your Phone? Something else?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRzh4clhGZlIyNEVOZ1VOUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9