Microsoft Office 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Word opens an empty file instead of the file located on a samba share

Hi,

What works:
Locally, MS Word 2007 opens any .doc and .docx files with double click, as it is associated to these extensions.

What doesn't work:
any files found on samba shares cannot be opened.
Eg, when trying to open test.doc on computer with ip 192.168.1.101, whose path in my file explorer is:
smb://192.168.1.101/gas/test.doc
it opens a new empty file.

Same problem on MS Word 2007 or Word 2010.
So, I guess it is a path related problem.

For example, on pcmanfm file manager found on Lubuntu 14.04 I couldn't even open locally a .doc file, so I had to change to Thunar file manager to be able
to double click on
.doc file such that Word would open it.

And MS Excel too opens up an empty spreadsheet instead of the file located on samba share. So I assume the entire Office suite is affected by this problem.

Crossover Linux 13.2.0 on Linux Mint 16 Mate edition (with Caja 1.6.2 file explorer)

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaGtrVGVBdnJORlRmTXFGVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9