Microsoft Office 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Partially working install

Ok, so here's my notes. I've been playing with trying to get this working under

a) Darwine
b) Crossover

for a few days. I was finally able to get a completed successful install, but only Publisher works -- the others apps won't run yet. Here's what I've done so far:

1) I did this under Crossover Games 7. I couldn't get the install to complete under 6.2.1

2) First, copy gdiplus.dll -- downloaded from dll-files.com, then run winecfg. Set gdiplus to native/builtin

3) Install MS XML Parser 3 ( I pulled this from my winetrickscache, you'll have to find on ms site)

4) Install MS XML Parser 6 (same as above)

5) Install .NET framework 1.1

... I couldn't get this to run to completion under crossover. I have Darwine 0.9.58 on my system -- ran .NET 1.1 install under Darwine. Under completion, copied the \windows.NET Framework directory to crossover bottle

... next exported .net registry keys from my wine bottle, then imported them in crossover (run regedit, import registry key)

6) Quit the bottle to initiate reboot

7) Copied my Office 2007 source files to drive_c\Office2007, then ran setup from there (I couldn't get it work from the cd, no idea why)

8) Insert cd key, did full install. It ran to completion!

Installed core fonts, and then in winecfg I imported the luna.msstyles from my XP installation.

Tried various apps. None run except some of the office tools, and MS Publisher 2007.

If anyone can duplicate this on their Mac or linux box, would be good. Next step is, of course, getting the other apps to run! I guess I could wait until CX 7 is released, but....

Ok, revised!

In winecfg in Crossover Games 7, in libraries, these were set to builtin:

winword.exe
outlook.exe
powerpnt.exe
excel.exe

Changed them all to native, and boom, it runs. Will post screenshots shortly!

Here is Word 2007. You can see there are some spacing issues, I'm going to copy over fonts from my windows install and see if that clears it up.

Charles wrote:

Ok, revised!

In winecfg in Crossover Games 7, in libraries, these were set to
builtin:

winword.exe
outlook.exe
powerpnt.exe
excel.exe

Changed them all to native, and boom, it runs. Will post screenshots
shortly!

Same here :

* Distro: ubuntu/hardy  
* Wine: install-crossover-gamesdemo-7.0.080415-unstripped.sh  
* Office: MSOffice12 small biz 2007

I think the wizard manage to works by itself, not need to overide ddls etc

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/office

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTGV2M3NhRkpXdGI3Q1BKciIsImdkcHIiOjB9