Microsoft Office 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Office Service Packs and Updates

Hello,

How does one go about installing service packs and updates? I tried downloading the SP1 .exe and installing it as an "unsupported" application but this didn't work. Same if I just run the .exe. I get a dialog "The installation of this package failed."

And along a similar vein, I would like to simply be able to install updates via update.microsoft.com rather than needing to download/install individual patches. However, my IE menubar is black so I can't enable cookies or install any sort of ActiveX controls (insalled directly rather than downloading IE6 from microsoft.com...there is apparently a registry hack to resolve this but you've got me as to how to edit registry in Wine...)

Thanks,
😛hil

The SP1 update for Office 2007 doesn't install yet, we're working on that.

The black bar is caused by IE6 running from a non-win98 bottle. Install IE6 in a win98 bottle to get it going.

I've just "succeeded" installing the update to save a document as PDF. The installation went smoothly, but it doesn't work. The procedure works fine, but when you press the Save button, a message pops up saying "The file wasn't saved." But maybe this is because I did a mistake installing it?

I've used the same bottle -----(XP) I used to install the Office Enterprise 2007 in CrossOver Professional Linux 7.1

I've had the same results (failure) installing SP 1 & SP 2, even under CrossOver 8.0.0. There's a separate app entry for Office 2007 SP 1. I've posted there as well -- no explanation yet, but perhaps one will come.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1M2N3E4M01uazRkc3hiSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9