Microsoft Office 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

2007 Enterprise Installs Fine - CrossOver 7

My school provides a setup folder of Office 2007 enterprise for student use. It wouldn't install on CrossOver 6 but with no effort whatsoever today it installed on the new CrossOver Pro 7.1.0.

A tip: CrossOver asked me to specify whether the install was from a Folder (my folder was called 'Office 2007') which I immediately thought was correct. It installed the fonts and extra Microsoft system stuff but failed for the actual Office install. The second time around I picked the other option, install from a file (I picked the setup.exe from my Office 2007 folder).

This method installed everything well. The first option installs all the fonts; the second option installs the software.

It's very fast and everything works!

Good luck

Tom Baker

I noticed the "Bronze Medal" level of compatibility for the "Productivity/Office Suites/Microsoft Office 2007" application and thought I'd pass on my experience and configuration.

Thought I'd reply to this post to confirm that I installed Crossover Standard (7.1.0) for Linux on the new ELive distro and loaded a copy of MS Office Home and Student 2007 that I purchased from its CD.

The install couldn't have been any easier and the applications that I have used to date (Word and Excel) have seemed to be perfect and very quick.

I still may run into something, but so far this has looked great.

Mike

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHlRMlVkQkhTa1R3RVZieCIsImdkcHIiOjB9