Microsoft Office 2007

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

2007 Enterprise Installs Fine - CrossOver 7
Tom Baker
Posted 2008-11-01 19:11
My school provides a setup folder of Office 2007 enterprise for student use. It wouldn't install on CrossOver 6 but with no effort whatsoever today it installed on the new CrossOver Pro 7.1.0.

A tip: CrossOver asked me to specify whether the install was from a Folder (my folder was called 'Office 2007') which I immediately thought was correct. It installed the fonts and extra Microsoft system stuff but failed for the actual Office install. The second time around I picked the other option, install from a file (I picked the setup.exe from my Office 2007 folder).

This method installed everything well. The first option installs all the fonts; the second option installs the software.

It's very fast and everything works!

Good luck

Tom Baker
Michael Fields
Posted 2009-03-01 15:55
I noticed the "Bronze Medal" level of compatibility for the "Productivity/Office Suites/Microsoft Office 2007" application and thought I'd pass on my experience and configuration.

Thought I'd reply to this post to confirm that I installed Crossover Standard (7.1.0) for Linux on the new ELive distro and loaded a copy of MS Office Home and Student 2007 that I purchased from its CD.

The install couldn't have been any easier and the applications that I have used to date (Word and Excel) have seemed to be perfect and very quick.

I still may run into something, but so far this has looked great.

Mike

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTM2NjA4NDkzfQ==