Microsoft Office 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2007 on Mac w/ Crossover: Findings

I copied the native GDI32.dll from a Windows machine to CrossOver Office and did the "ln -s" to link gdiplus.dll to gdi32.dll and marked the gdi libs as native in the winecfg. Now Office 2007's installer crashes with an error with an HResult on the GetNativeSystemInfo function. It looks like the GetNativeSystemInfo function does not return the right information for Office's installer in Wine/CXOffice's kernel32.dll

Does anybody have any input on how I can try to modifiy this and copy it into the CXOffice install or any resources about this? I know about the MSDN resource that explains the function but I was wondering if there is any patches for GetNativeSystemInfo to try?

Have you tried looking at this?

http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2007/12/microsoft-office-2007-on-linux-with.html

Seems that someone got it working by installing on Windows and copying over to linux. Maybe that might shed some light on the issue?

Regards

Actually, we've got Office 2007 starting to install + run in our development tree; that will
be part of the upcoming 7.0 release coming fairly soon now.

It's got some fairly serious warts yet, so it's not quite ready for testing, but we're getting there.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Fantastic news! I'm sure that there will be a LOT of happy customers over this one!

Regards

Jeremy - Are you testing Visio 2007 along with the other Office 2007 Apps?

Jeremy White wrote:

Actually, we've got Office 2007 starting to install + run in our
development tree; that will
be part of the upcoming 7.0 release coming fairly soon now.

It's got some fairly serious warts yet, so it's not quite ready for
testing, but we're getting there.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Sounds good, please tell us when can we test this feature on betas ?

Check this thread also : http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/group/?app_id=2630;forum=1;msg=5123

Regards

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTGRXQ21kYXB1U2E0c2JxdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9