Microsoft Office 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2007 Install

Hey,

I have just upgraded to CrossOver Mac Pro. I have tried installing Office 2007 multiple times. I am installing from a directory. I do not have access to the original CD as this is an install from my university's software folder (site license). I have also burned the directory to CD but that did not help either.

I load up the install setup.exe and it loads a window that is labeled "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007"

I click the Install button and the window changes to "Installation Progress". Before it gets any further, a "Browse for Folder" window comes up and says "Setup cannot find Office.en-us\branding.xml. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK." The files that come up are as not being able to be found are

Office.en-us\branding.xml
Office.en-us\OfficeMUISet.xml
Office.en-us\OfficeMUI.xml
Office.en-us\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest

Please help me get this sorted out.

Cheers,

Josh

I have simillar problem. Installing Office 2007 Pro on Mac. It keeps asking fro the excel-en-us folder and files in this folder. After asking for all the files in the folder, it goes to asking once again, never ending loop.

Hi. Was anyone able to resolve this problem?

anthony wrote:

Hi. Was anyone able to resolve this problem?

it tortured me also so much .then some how i could fixed the problem trying different ways.here is the way to fix it friends.
direct the browse to the office installation main folder for example desktop/MS Office 2007 Final . and give ok.it will surely work.
cheers friends
enjoy

I tried this. While the dialog goes away, it continues to cycle back through the requested files. I've tried installing upgraded XML parsers, etc. in the bottle before doing the Office install, but can't seem to get past this problem. Any other suggestions?

Seems to be more related to destination than source.
Finally got this working and the change was to move the d: drive from an internal ntfs partition to an external vfat partition.
Needs to be looked into more but for now I'm just happy it's installing :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXRVZFY2VjJTUVJ1ckFuTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9