Microsoft Office 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Why does Crossover Office scan my entire file system?

I have several veery slow network shares mounted and it affects performance singificantly: until Office programs (this happens with Word and Outlook at least) get their io request finished, everything stalls.

Is there a way I can prevent it?

CrossOver itself shouldn't do this, but the Windows programs running in it might. You can try to delete the bottle's Z:\ drive, which points to the Unix root. You'll have to create replacement file mappings for any Unix folders from which you want to open files though, and other things might break.

Are you on Linux, or a Mac?

One of the things we need z: for is detecting that CrossOver itself is registered, depending. If your license files are in your home directory, then y: should be sufficient for that. But, it's something to be aware of.

Linux. What should I copy to my home directory for Crossover to work properly without z: drive?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVndISktaNkdBOGFlQUhDZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9