Microsoft Office 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2010 install on Mountain Lion

I have tried a few different ways to get this installed.

1. Install using unpacked iso file stored on drive - it gets through .net, then fails
  2. install using mounted iso - it gets through .net, then fails
  3. just install outlook (this is the only app i need out of office) - fails right way

All result in the following error:

The ‘Installing Microsoft Office 2010’ task failed.

The installer has exited but Microsoft Office 2010 does not seem to be installed
Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results.

Is this because I'm on the trial? If so this is not a good way to sell the product.

J-P Simard wrote:

No, this is not related to the trial.

Most software you could want to run with Crossover receive some kind
of rating, at least from the community.
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7437]Microsoft
Office 2010[/link], specifically, has a rating of "bronze". This
means that the software should run, but is expected to have any
number of bugs which render its use problematic. So, this is the
reason why there is a trial version of Crossover.

As per your specific problem, I don't know why the install fails.
You can email the staff for limited support at info@codeweavers.com
if ever the forum doesn't yeild an answer quickly. The is also the
software specific
forum
which you might try.

First. Sorry for making a mess of things. I was moving this thread over to Office 2010 and managed to only grab the response. An error on my part to be sure.

Second...

You said that .Net is always failing? You might try removing you "installers" folder (as in, you might have a corrupted version of the .Net installer). This folder is located in:

/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles

Note that on Mountain Lion you will need to hold down the "option" key to see "Library" in the "Go" drop down.

Are you using a 32bit version of the Office 2010 install (note that most Office 2010 disks have both)? I don't know that this will come into play, you actually need to get through the .Net install to see the Office installation start.

Ultimately, you should probably file a Support Ticket for official support or use the form here to contact us.

As for installing on Mountain Lion, I do not use mac so have no idea how to install on it.
As for using the trial, the Crossover trial has all the same funcionality & features as a registered version. So no, being on the trial would not effect your experience.

Justin Maynard wrote:

I have tried a few different ways to get this installed.

1. Install using unpacked iso file stored on drive - it gets
    through .net, then fails
  2. install using mounted iso - it gets through .net, then fails
  3. just install outlook (this is the only app i need out of
    office) - fails right way

All result in the following error:

The ‘Installing Microsoft Office 2010’ task failed.

The installer has exited but Microsoft Office 2010 does not seem to
be installed
Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results.

Is this because I'm on the trial? If so this is not a good way to
sell the product.

I am not a Mac user, but I can tell you that I have installed office on Linux successfully, but never with a downloaded iso. Have you tried redownloading the iso? It is possible that an error occurred during download & you may not have the full iso. I have always installed using a disc. So maybe try to burn the iso to a dvd & try to install from there?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRUw1azdHZ2RWdk1ReTl3MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9