Microsoft Office 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

input Chinese text in Microsoft Office 2010 applications

I am running the Crossover trial version on Kubuntu 14.04 and installed Microsoft Office 2010. So far, I am unable to enter Chinese text in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I am using Fcitx as IME. When I start typing, the Fcitx-Popup shows as it should, and displays the Chinese characters I am typing, but when I choose a character it isn't input. (It is not only not displayed, there also is no blank space or box character to delete).
Typing Chinese in other applications in the same bottle works fine. For Outlook, I can input Chinese in the To-Field, but in the body field, so I assume the problem is connected to the edit component of Office.
Does anyone have a tip what I could try or succeeded on the same issue?

Can't open a ticket as I am still trying Crossover.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1JZTmNaWFlSeUxrU05MViIsImdkcHIiOjB9