Microsoft Office 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2010 KMS Activation on multiple systems

I followed the other threads in regards to activating Office 2010 Pro Plus (Volume License) via a KMS. I have all that working just fine with one exception.

I'm installing multiple instances of the Office 2010 Pro Plus Bottle on multiple systems all pointing to a single KMS for activation. After I create the RPM of my Office 2010 bottle and then install it on these systems each of the clients when connecting to the KMS are passing the same Client Machine ID which I am guessing gets created on the system where I created the bottle It does show the unique Host name in the event log in KMS but without having a unique Client Machine ID the KMS Counter doesn't go up and doesn't allow the activation to occur after the 5th instance of Office 2010.

This unique Client Machine ID is normally handled via the sysprep /generalize option on a windows system prior to creating an image for distribution.

Anyone know of a way to simulate this option via the Bottle Manager or prior to creating the RPM for the Office 2010 Bottle?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3FjbXhCNm5YdEthZ3VxZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9