Microsoft Office 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Repair corrupt Word document

Hi guys, i need recover a corrupt Word file in Office 2010. I can not open the file with any version of Office even with LibreOffice. I've also tried it with Microsoft support, but it did not work.
What should I do?

If you have corrupt Word document and you want to repair it, you should use few easy manual tricks. The manual tricks require no 3rd party tool or any other cost. All you need to use is MS Word program, that's it. The Word program has some built-in features which you can use here, such as Open and Repair, Recover Text from Any File, Insert corrupt Word document into a new one, etc. Even you can try to open corrupt Word document in other programs like OpenOffice Writer, WordPad or Notepad. You can find the complete information here in this article - http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2013/10/24/repair-word-document-manually/

Before you can purchase any paid software to repair corrupt Word document and recover data from it, make sure you try them manual tricks shared in the above article. I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Thanks and best regards.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3JZQUFhRUsyV0NmTEpZayIsImdkcHIiOjB9