Microsoft Office 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fix for Office 2010 on Fedora 28

Fedora 28 is missing a required library, libnsl.so.1. Without it you will get "cannot verify the license" errors if already installed, and otherwise Office 2010 will fail to install.

To fix:

sudo dnf install libnsl.i686 libnsl.x86_64

Unfortunately, running /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag will not tell you that this library is missing. I hope CodeWeavers can fix this.

By the way, to install all required libraries for CrossOver:

sudo dnf install mesa-libGLU.i686 isdn4k-utils.i686 libgphoto2.i686 mpg123-libs.i686 openal-soft.i686 ocl-icd.i686 mesa-libOSMesa.i686 sane-backends-devel.i686 libxslt.i686 libnsl.i686 libnsl.x86_64

Note its the same for office 2016 - only with office 2016 it thinks it has completed successfully but it had actually silently aborted the install.

Thank you for reporting this! Fedora 28 has separated libnsl from libc (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NISIPv6). We are in the process of updating to include this change.

Thanks,
Anna

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNTZ2WUNOOVNudXQyZ0dhdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9