Microsoft Office 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem with version 18

Hi guys,

I had some problems with version 18 and MS Office 2010. I had an activated installation that was working perfectly fine with version 17.5, and when I upgraded to crossover 18. Then, whenever I started any office program the setup of Office would be triggered as well. The setup never completed successfully, it would get to about 2/5 and would then claim it was done and I should reboot the bottle. Choosing yes would start the setup process all over again, choosing no would result in a crash (although it could be the other way around).

In any case, I couldn't get around this and I couldn't use any of the office applications, so I had to reinstall office. That also didn't work, as the Office setup would keep appearing every time I started one of the applications.

After reverting to version 17.5 and reinstalling office and then upgrading again I had the same problem - with version 18 something is triggered in Office's setup and it all goes horribly wrong from there.

Did any one else have issues with Office 2010 and CO 18? I would like to confirm before I file a bug report.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Hello Angelos,

One other user has reported a similar problem when upgrading an activated Office 2010 bottle to CrossOver 18. Most users are not impacted by this bug, so we'd be grateful to gather more information from you - I'm passing your post on to our support ticket queue.

Thanks for posting,
Hana

Thank you for this information. The ability to use Microsoft Office 2010 with Linux (because I get a lot of .docx from MO-users) is the main reason for me to keep a copy of Crossover. So I will wait with Crossover updates.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoienI0TVdHTkpwWEdMdFRkZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9