Microsoft Office 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Is support planned?

Since the old Gold/Silver/Bronze program ratings are gone, there isn't any hint on the Microsoft Office 2016 product page as to whether work is being done to fix it (currently it won't even install) or whether it is being left as unsupported.

Does anyone have any idea if we are going to see this version of Office supported, and if so, is there an approximate timeline?

Thanks in advance!

Any news / replies on this topic? I am having the same problem

same problem

This is especially important since one cannot purchase office 2013 legally any longer

I have the same question and concern. Would love to know if there's a status update on supporting Office2016 and Visio (32bit or 64).

Thanks.

+1

I asked the support recently and got the following answer:

We are currently planning to release Office 2016 support by the end
of the year. We are hoping to have some support in Crossover 17
which will be going into open beta soon, but the solid answer is yes
we are indeed planning on supporting that application. Unfortunately
I can't give you a better timetable at this time, but we are
actively working on testing it in house for the moment.

Check the screenshots. The Office 2016 support is being tested in the betas. So, very soon you'll have a new CrossOver version with Office 2016 support

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibWVtdjhDZUNCWGdFTE5ONSIsImdkcHIiOjB9