Microsoft Office 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 365 installer?

I may be being stupid, but how do I get a 365 installer? When I try the download page it says non-supported operating system, then when I try 'install anyway' it says address not understood:

"Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ms-windows-store) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context."

I get the same error in Chrome and I can't see a manual download link anywhere on the install page.

I can't find clear instructions anywhere.

Any clues anyone?

Unfortunately, you have to use Windows to a download the installer.

Change your user agent

Thanks, using a user agent switcher did the job. Now to see if it will install, run and activate....

Things I have noted in other posts that might help if you have issues:
1) Make sure you install libxinerama1:i386 libxcomposite1:i386 libv4l-0:i386 for your distribution (yes, the 32 bit versions)
2) You may encounter an error while installing, but if you close that, you'll find that it has installed successfully anyway (at least, this is the behaviour I have seen on over 8 installs).
3) If you have problems with activating (e.g. blank activation window), installing Internet Explorer into the same bottle tends to fix that (for me at least).

Good luck!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRUFnVWRScEhGQXdUUmhTbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9