Microsoft Office 2016

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

OneNote
Daniel G
Daniel G Advocate
Posted 2018-01-11 23:05
I have installed Office 2016, got it activated and running Word, Excel and Outlook. OneNote does not work. I get the following error when launching:

"You'll need to install the Desktop Experience before you start OneNote. Here's how: Open the Control Panel, go to Programs and Features, and click Turn Windows Features on or off."
Tyler Gale
Tyler Gale Advocate
Posted 2018-01-12 02:15
Hmmm... thats unusual.  Thats generally the error you get when you attempt to install OneNote on a Windows Server installation without the desktop experience installed.  I've not heard whether OneNote is actually usable in terms of "Office 2016 compatibility", would be interesting to see if it is.

OneNote should also have a web client if that helps (if you have a Office 365 account)
Daniel G
Daniel G Advocate
Posted 2018-01-12 19:52
Tyler Gale Posted:
Hmmm... thats unusual.  Thats generally the error you get when you attempt to install OneNote on a Windows Server installation without the desktop experience installed.  I've not heard whether OneNote is actually usable in terms of "Office 2016 compatibility", would be interesting to see if it is.

OneNote should also have a web client if that helps (if you have a Office 365 account)

Does it work for you?
Blake Douglas
Blake Douglas
Posted 2018-01-15 18:13
Alan Cone
Posted 2018-01-18 13:03
I get the same error over here. Everything else does though, as you mention.
Yuri Pereira Constante
Posted 2018-01-29 20:50
Same error when running on Mint 18.3. There is anything to try that can make it work?
JIgao Luo
Posted 2018-04-04 09:40
So onenote is not available in the crossover?
But that is what i only want, when not, i wouldnot buy that.
Or do you have some alternative ideas, eg onenote2013 or other software like crossover  
Peter Carter
Posted 2018-08-06 16:15
Wow! Cross over tech support team really chimed in here and solved the issue. I have never seen tech support so helpful. This really inspires me to buy more products from them.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTM4NzY3MzM4fQ==