Microsoft Office 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Powerpoint does not properly display emf or svg figures

I was able to install Office 2016 successfully using the "Tips & Tricks" instructions and things seem to mostly work. The only hitch that I have found is that I can't insert vector images into Powerpoint. Two cases fail in different ways:

• emf files (created with a different application): insert and display all controls, but the image is rendered pure black
  • svg files: briefly seem to render exactly right, but then powerpoint crashes

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to make that work?

Office 2010 in Crossover did not support the svg format so I can't compare that one, but it was able to successfully insert and display .emf files.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGtVUjJtekFmZVJ5UE1YciIsImdkcHIiOjB9