Microsoft Office 2016

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Outlook issues
Forrest Dominy
Posted 2018-02-12 20:30
I was able to install Office 2016_Setup.x86.en-US_Pro Plus Retail_TX_PR_act_1_.exe. One of the posts here talked about installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (14.0). With this setup I was able to get the install to work and activate.

I am having an issue with Outlook though. I can activate my email only with IMAP. All other account types fail. The account is actually Office 365.  I am able to send test emails and they work except on the outlook install. When I use Send/Receive,  it tells me it cant check my email that the server is not available. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Matthew Huber
Posted 2018-02-16 09:02
You have gotten farther than I could. Installing Office365 (2016) works okay; after much agony I got outlook to successfully set up my account via IMAP, however I can't actually start outlook without getting the following error:
"Outlook 2016 cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store cannot be opened."
Even starting with the /safe parameter doesn't get me past this.
Forrest Dominy
Posted 2018-02-16 12:54
Hmm this is disheartening as Outlook is the only reason I need Office. I was thinking about upgrading to Office 365 but if you cant get that to work either then no point in wasting more cash.
Anna Lasky
Anna Lasky  Staff Member
Posted 2018-02-16 14:22
Outlook 2016 is not currently expected to work consistently in CrossOver Linux (although some account types might work, so feel free to try it out!).  We have seen greater success on CrossOver Mac.  We have been focusing on the three "big" applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), but we are constantly trying to increase compatibility.  We will keep in mind that there is interest from the community in Outlook 2016 when prioritizing our limited resources.  If we are able to include Outlook support in the future, we will include this change in the release notes, so stay tuned!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTE3NTAzNDk0fQ==