Microsoft Office 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Debian Experience

I just downloaded and installed the trail version of crossover and installed office 2016. The install went fairly smoothly, a few error messages about not being able to fetch some installers appeared, i downloaded them manually and provided the location to crossover (this was pretty easy).
Once installed i tried opening word, it worked. I then tried signing in, it didn't work. So as per the Tips and tricks section i installed ie8. This helped and i was able to sign in.
The application was pretty clunky and slow. I was unable to browse one drive. The applications crashed regularly. After a few times i was unable to open word at all (an error message about not being able to open normal.dot).
Basically it's unusable. 1 star for trying.

We have seen reports of normal.dot errors but have been unable to replicate the failures in house. If you (or anyone else with this problem) are interested in opening a support ticket (using the Contact Us link at the top of the page) and taking some logs of the behavior, it would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately One Drive is known not to work currently. All of the ratings for the individual applications in the Office suite are listed below the main suite rating on this page.

Thanks,
Anna

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVWNkTEhKUEd2MzdxZ0xuciIsImdkcHIiOjB9