Microsoft Office 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2016 only displays a white Screen

Hello,
I have a Problem. I'm Using the newest Version of Crossover Linux on my PC running LXLE (based on Lubuntu 16.10) I think. It is the trial version. When I try to install Office 2016 Professional Plus, the Installation Assistent of Office is just a white window, but it installs fine. I also can start the installed Programs and the Splashscreen is working fine, but the started Office Application is just a white screen. Does anybody has an idea how to fix this?

Greetings from Germany ,
TheWinHelper

This sounds like it could be an issue with a missing library. There is a tool called cxdiag that will tell you which 32-bit libaries are missing. Click on the Help menu option and choose System Information. This will immediately report the information CrossOver sees about your system including cxdiag. I would suggest installing all of the missing libraries that you can (here is a list with many of commands necessary to install the libraries). If you are still running into the white screen issue, please feel free to contact our support team using the 'Contact Us' link at the top of this page.

Thanks,
Anna

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZnJVc0VTUWRBSGtFYTN6dSIsImdkcHIiOjB9