Microsoft Office 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to sign in

I have been suffering log-in issue for a period. After installing IE8, I was finally able to open "sign in" in powerpoint, and was even sucessfully redirected to the log-in page of my university. However, after entering my user name and password and hit "log-in", the page just stuck, all field I filled were cleared, and log-in did not secess. It is possibly because of the brower does not support the log-in page of my university. Can anybody substitude the browser used to "sign in" to firefox or so?

By the way, does anybody has ideas to solve the problem "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ms-word) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context." in firefox installed inside crossover?

Are Firefox and Office 2016 installed in different bottles? If so, that's the reason for both problems. Install Firefox into the bottle that Office 2016 is in, and you should have more success.

yangwenbo wrote:

I have been suffering log-in issue for a period. After installing
IE8, I was finally able to open "sign in" in powerpoint, and was
even sucessfully redirected to the log-in page of my university.
However, after entering my user name and password and hit "log-in",
the page just stuck, all field I filled were cleared, and log-in did
not secess. It is possibly because of the brower does not support
the log-in page of my university. Can anybody substitude the browser
used to "sign in" to firefox or so?

By the way, does anybody has ideas to solve the problem "Firefox
doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following
protocols (ms-word) isn't associated with any program or is not
allowed in this context." in firefox installed inside crossover?

Actually I can enter my username but it's stucked at the password .

I think when I wait long enough about 10 mins the web page finally appear and active the office 2016.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYkcyZnN4S0JMcDIzdHlVdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9