Microsoft Office 2016

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

Unable to sign in
yangwenbo
yangwenbo
Posted 2018-04-14 22:23
I have been suffering log-in issue for a period. After installing IE8, I was finally able to open "sign in" in powerpoint, and was even sucessfully redirected to the log-in page of my university. However, after entering my user name and password and hit "log-in", the page just stuck, all field I filled were cleared, and log-in did not secess. It is possibly because of the brower does not support the log-in page of my university. Can anybody substitude the browser used to "sign in" to firefox or so?

By the way, does anybody has ideas to solve the problem "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ms-word) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context." in firefox installed inside crossover?
Eric Ahnell
Eric Ahnell
Posted 2018-04-15 06:19
Are Firefox and Office 2016 installed in different bottles? If so, that's the reason for both problems. Install Firefox into the bottle that Office 2016 is in, and you should have more success.
FindHao
FindHao
Posted 2018-05-16 06:15
yangwenbo Posted:
I have been suffering log-in issue for a period. After installing IE8, I was finally able to open "sign in" in powerpoint, and was even sucessfully redirected to the log-in page of my university. However, after entering my user name and password and hit "log-in", the page just stuck, all field I filled were cleared, and log-in did not secess. It is possibly because of the brower does not support the log-in page of my university. Can anybody substitude the browser used to "sign in" to firefox or so?

By the way, does anybody has ideas to solve the problem "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ms-word) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context." in firefox installed inside crossover?

Actually I can enter my username but it's stucked at the password .
FindHao
FindHao
Posted 2018-05-16 06:36
I think when I wait long enough about 10 mins the web page finally appear and active the office 2016.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi02LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTcwNTQ3NzcwfQ==