Microsoft Office 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Office Pro Installation - Success

Thought I would provide how I 'fluked' the successful installation of Office 2016 Pro. I am using Linux Mint 19.2 (latest at this date).

As I type, Access, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, Word and PowerPoint are all working as advertised apart from multiple email accounts in Outlook, first (primary) account works fine, additional accounts can be setup but seems to have some issue in recognising the account folders.

Not saying anything I did specifically did the trick after initially having issues trying to install MS Office 2016 Pro in Crossover initially. I just decided to play around...I have no idea if Wine would/could effect Crossover. Initially I did not have Wine installed.

Start again:
I uninstalled Crossover completely and installed Wine into the system via Terminal; then installed all added (Stable) options from the Synaptic Package Manager including winbind, samba, Wine Tricks, Playonlinux. Once done, I started Wine Configuration, installing Wine Mono, Wine Gecko...it was a Windows 7 setup by default.

I then installed wine packages in Playonlinux, adding both 32bit & 64bit of v2.0, 2.9, 3.0 and 3.2. Closed down Playonlinux.

I reinstalled Crossover directly from my Codeweavers account.

Started up Crossover 18.5 and started the Install Windows Software. Selected MS Office 2016 to install, defaulted to a Windws 7 bottle, and selected additional custom file installs at the Install & Finish process. I added the following:
MDAC 2.1 SP1; Arial & Courier TT Fonts; Windows Script 5.7; MS Visual C++ 2008 (9) & 2015 (14); MS .NET 4.5.1 / 4.6.1 / 4.7.2; MS Visual Basic SP6; MSXML Paper Spec.; XNA Framework 4.0; Nvidia Physix (Nvidia Graphics card installed).

During the installation process, I selected “Restart Now” when the relevant pop-ups appeared each time until completion.

Once completed I rebooted the system.

At restart, Access, Excel, Publisher, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook (with the primary/initial email account all function correctly.

I have been starting them up, opening documents etc shutting them down and all functioning without any crashes EXCEPT for the not being able to get multiple email accounts functioning correctly.

Hope this assists anyone out there trying to get this package to work...and it works for you as well!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM3o3eEZQNEpQNHVRcjNNYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9