Microsoft Office 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

.Net Framework 4.8 is necessary to install Office2016

Please add Net framework 4.8 to the crosstie else office will fail to install,using the web installer.

Could you get more details about which Office installer is failing to install? Is it an Office 365 installer? As far as I know, most people are able to install Office 2016 on CrossOver 19.0.1 currently, so this new failure would be news to us.

Yesterday I had some troubles to get the office 2016 pro plus installed. So I created a log file and I saw these error messages err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {e19c7100-9709-4db7-9373-e7b518b47086}
009a:err:ole:ClientIdentity_QueryMultipleInterfaces IRemUnknown_RemQueryInterface failed with error 0x80004002 . I used the thin installer downloaded from my office account, once launched the process stopped repeatedly after reaching the 3%, office installer complained about internet connection issue and stopped many times the same way. Once I installed Net framework 4.8 I was able to complete the setup. I'm trying again right now but it seems to work properly without net framework. I don't know what to say... I always use 32 bit bottles and 32 bit installers for more compatibility with wine. I promptly removed the tip added. I don't know why net framework resolved my issue yesterday. Thanks for your support and kindness.

Thank you for following up. That is good to know, and a good idea to try if Office installs fail again in the future (quite likely since they push updates regularly). Thank you for all of the time and energy you have been investing as an advocate. We really appreciate it :)

Thanks,
Anna

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1k5Y2FlSENDQ0EyUDk3RyIsImdkcHIiOjB9