Microsoft OneNote 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

OneNote 2007 install fails OS X

I've been able to successfully install Office 2007 Professional from a CD but installing OneNote 2007 over the network (trial download from Microsoft's site) fails.

After entering the registration key the install starts and about 20% of the way through it consistently fails with this message:

"Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 Trial encountered an error during setup."

Using Crossover 7.1.0 and Max OS X 10.5.5.

I'd post log output but I can't find the log file?

thanks.

The same happend to me under Ubuntu 9.08. I have used the Microsoft Office 2007 template (bootle).

Any tips? I have 3 years of everyday notes on this software under my Vista and to move to Ubuntu forever depends on accessing my files !

Please anybody knows a workaround?

Have you tried the suggestion in the Tips & Tricks section:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2865;tips=1

I'm having trouble with the installer, too... my copy was d/l and burned to CD from my corporate network.

The issues I'm hitting are that Core Fonts and XML Parser are needed. The log shows the files are trying to d/l, but this fails. I don't have access to an original CD, and this is supposed to be a stand-alone installer.

Would the log file actually help, or is this a hopeless install?

-Scott

Ok, after 1/2 day of screwing with this, I got it running... mostly.

I had to find and copy the Core Fonts, and copy them to the install folder. Then I had to run the installer once for EVERY font. It would install the first one in the list, then say it was trying to d/l the next one and failed. I'd launch again, and it would find the 2nd, but not the 3rd. Carry this on for 11 font packages.

Next up, I had to find the XML Parser, and d/l both the MSI and EXEs that are available. These would not launch with the OneNote installer, so I ended up launching each one as an unsupported app in Crossover. Finally, after all 13 files were installed, OneNote's installer went all the way through.

Now, however, I can't seem to connect to any of my network-shared notebooks... I can browse to the locations, but the Open dialog simply doesn't see any of the actual files, just the containing folders. All other standard functions within the UI seem to work. So, it appears I have to create new notebooks locally and then upload them from time to time to maintain the server copy for use w/ other machines.

EDIT
See this note for a comment on the network drive issue:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?forum=1;app_id=2865;mhl=44533;msg=44533#msg44533

-Scott

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkdMMzlCcHVNdWZWM2s4MyIsImdkcHIiOjB9