Microsoft OneNote 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Onenote 2007 Copy/Paste Help!

Hello, I understand that Onenote is not supported officially, but perhaps some of you can shed some light on an issue I have running with crossover 7.1. I am simply trying to copy some notes that I have on a single page and paste them into word document or an email. I can copy the text fine, however once I paste it anywhere outside of Onenote, Onenote shuts down and I get the error from microsoft. This happens every time I try and paste, so if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, I am all ears. I am on a Mac if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Hello. I just wanted to add a note here that I was experiencing exactly the same problem as Timothy, that when I try to paste text out of Onenote into any mac application (in my case, my desired target is Bean) Onenote shuts down, with an error message from Microsoft. I would add, nothing gets pasted into Bean. Now, when I try to paste into Word 2007 from Onenote, all within Crossover, that is, I successfully paste the text as an image, rather than as text. What I was really hoping, here, is to be able to make notes on my windows laptop, and through syncing with onenote on my mac (through Crossover) be able to paste the notes into whatever project I am working on, which would generally be into Bean or into Curio. Right now, as stated above, I can't paste any text into a mac application, and when pasting into Word 2007 windows the text pastes as an image. Last note: pasting text out of Word 2007 (in crossover) works just fine, as expected, as I wish Onenote would work. Any help or ideas for me, for us? Thank you!

Hi is there any update on this?

I am running a trial version of Crossover and am happy that I can run OneNote on my MacAir.
There's 1-2 other apps that I need and if those work I will buy the full version.
However, I also need to make copy & paste work, which is impossible and leads to a crash.
Please let me know if/when this will be fixed?

Looking for an update on this issue as well :)

I still see this issue with Crossover 9.0 in linux (ubuntu 9.10). It'll be great to be able to copy from onenote and paste into an email (in thunderbird).

Are there any workarounds/tricks to get there?

I do not think that is possible as all text in Onenote appears to be considered a picture by other programs. For example, when I paste OneNote into MS Word 07 the words appear as an image. I can paste into word and it appears as a picture, that probably has something to do with why it crashes.

I am having this issue as well in CrossOver 9.1.0

I tried pasting text into OpenOffice, which crashed OneNote. Error message in OpenOffice->requested clipboard format is not available.

-tried paste as special->unformatted->crashed
-tried paste as special->html->crashed
-tried paste as bitmap->successful

one dirty workaround is to do the following:

copy test in onenote->open gedit text editor->paste text->let OneNote 2007 crash->click OK to Recover my work and restart Microsoft Onenote

the text is now editable in the text file.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFQ0N0tGUWNNenZ4ZlNrZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9