Microsoft OneNote 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

2 Serious Bugs: File Copy Crash, And No Audio Recording

Alright, I've tested Onenote, but I've come across two significant bugs. The first bug is that when you try to copy an entire file into a Onenote document, it causes the program to crash every time. You can copy images fine apparently, but if you try to copy a .txt file or a binary in its entirety, the whole thing blows up on you. The second bug is that audio recording is not available. It says it needs windows media player 8 and directx 8.1 in order to do audio recording. I tried installing modern directx and windows media player 9 into the same bottle, but message and functionality didn't change at all.

Having both of these features not work is a big problem, especially for people like me who use onenote in college to take notes. If the audio functionality didn't work by itself, well I could deal by copying in an ogg file from sound recorder. But if you can't copy files to your onenote, then you can't keep recorded audio at all.

I'm running crossover pro 9.0, and ubuntu 9.10.

I too have the same problem with the audio and video recording and hope someone will find the fix for it. This is why I purchased CrossOver, so that I can run OneNote since there will probably not be a version of OneNote for Mac. When accessing the audio or video recording option, a message states that it needs Windows Media player 8 and directx 8.1 or better.

I am unsure of how to install the media player 8 and directx in an already existing wine bottle (if possible) .

Can anyone find a fix for this so we can run OneNote, probably the best "original" software that Microsoft put out that is any good..

Thanks,

Hi,

Seems this title is subject to a number of winebugs as listed here;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12899

Also read the 'Notes' link on that page for more info. It would seem
a lot of this issues/missing functionality will need to be incorporated
into the mainstream wine source code before things will get any better
here sorry to say. Btw, imho the best 'original' software Microsoft ever
put out that was any good, was MSDOS 6.22 <grin>....

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVWg3bjhldnhMd1lGQzg4QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9