Microsoft Outlook 2000 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't even start Outlook

I installed Outlook 2000 without problems into a Win98 bottle. When starting up Outlook, I get a dialog saying "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a location to send and receive mail could not be found. To add a location, such as a personal folder file, double-click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel."

Since there is no "Mail icon" available to click, how can I set up a user in Outlook?

This is available via CrossOver.

For Linux go to Crossover --> Configuration --> Manage Bottles
Choose the bottle Outlook is installed in and click 'Configure'
Choose the 'Control Panel' tab and 'Mail' should be one of the first options.

For Mac, load CrossOver into your doc station
Highlight 'Configure' on your title bar at the top of your screen.
Choose 'Manage Bottles...'
Highlight the bottle Outlook is installed in and highlight 'Control Panel'
'Mail' should be one of the first options.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibWhtU0tBOUptaFlZVm5SVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9