Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 URL pop up error with Crossover 10

Version: 10.6.6
CX: Pro 10.0.1

Outlook 2007 12.0.4518.1014

When a URL in an email message is clicked on, the native (Mac OS) webbrowser launches but Outlook also opens a pop-up window which says 'General failure. The URL was: "<url>..." DDE failure'. Previously with Crossover 9.2, this did not occur.

I'm not really sure what to try with this. When I installed CX 10, I let it upgrade over 9.2. Would it be beneficial to try a fresh install?

Thanks.

Andrew Bucko wrote:

When I installed CX 10, I let it upgrade over 9.2. Would it be
beneficial to try a fresh install?

Thanks.

Yes, in fact I opened a beta report on this during the beta, and was told that a clean reinstall will fix it. I personally haven't found the time yet (I need Outlook 2007 available all day) but a few others have mentioned that a clean install of Outlook 2007 fixes the issue.

same on Linux (Ubuntu)
fresh installing Office fixes it.

The new (from cx8) option "Use Native Internet Browser" also fixes the problem

Carlos Rafael Ramirez wrote:

The new (from cx8) option "Use Native Internet Browser" also fixes
the problem

Absolutely did fix it. Thanks for the tip!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZUg3WEJOYnVLbkxNdVM4ciIsImdkcHIiOjB9