Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook frequently stops responding for long periods after which it usually returns to normal functionality.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 and crossover v10.0.0. I connect to the Exchange server via http. Frequently while running and always at the initial start of Outlook it turns grey and stops responding for long periods (over a minute). It almost always eventually returns and allows me to send and receive email.

I saw a post on here about connection problems and setting the MTU to 1024. I tried that but it did not seem to change the behavior.

Any ideas on how I could resolve this?

Thanks,
scott.

JAck Phiney mentioned an idea that I applied yesterday and until now outlook performs well, but i am still testing. The tip:

Clear the cacho for Internet Explorer, Jack mentioned clear the content of the folder, I prefer use CCleaner in order to do this task: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=6065 tell it that you want to clean the Internet explorer temporal files. Test it and tell me

Hope it helps
Regards

I have the same problem, and it's really very annoying. While typing emails, it just freezes for a minute and then it continues again

Hello,

Try the tip called "Hangs and crashes since CrossOver 10" in this page

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVm1TQmZHY3lxYTRaa2ZmQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9