Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

outlook connection issues

anyone know why this is so difficult? I remember when I started using my mac, I had to configure the configuration like 100 times before I could magically use outlook.

Now - when I start outlook - it takes 30 minutes, yes, 1/2 hour to go from "Trying to connect to exchange... to Connected status.

So created a ticket with crossover. Got one response that did not help the issue, and since then nothing.

So - created a new bottle, new outlook install, IDENTICAL CONNECTION SETTINGS TO THE OLD, 30 MINUTE CONNECTION SETTINGS - this outlook can't connect. Get the infamous (infamous, because there are hundreds of forum posts about, saying "Connection to Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action"

have read all the posts, all the tips and tricks, can't get the new bottle to connect.

So why is the whole connection thing so difficult?

One install of crossover.
Two installs of outlook - with identical configurations for each one - but each outlook install not working in different ways.

What is wrong here?

Running macos, 10.6.7,
crossover 10.0.3
outlook 2007, sp2

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUlhSa0xhQnU2R0trVTNDQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9