Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 won't launch, just bounces in the dock

Ive installed Outlook 2007 and configured the mail server settings. When launching, the Outlook icon just bounces in the dock for about 20 seconds and goes away. Is there something I am missing?

MacBook Pro
2.8 GHz Intel i7
4 GB ram
OS X Lion 10.7.3
CrossOver Version 10.2 trial

You might be missing something, but given the tremendous variety that's possible in Outlook setups we'll need more info.

Well, firstly - how did you install Outlook? Did you install it as a supported application, i.e. you selected Outlook 2007 (or Office 2007) from the list of supported applications, then selected your installer .exe or inserted disc, and proceeded from there? If so, did all of the necessary dependency packages such as .NET 1.1 install successfully prior to the installation of Outlook?

Assuming they did, the main question is: what type of email account/server are you connecting to? Is this an Exchange server? And if so, is it on the same LAN that you're on, or are you connecting via RPC over HTTP? Or is this a hosted exchange account? If not an exchange server, what type of email account are you using?

Lastly, did you set up your account to remember your password? If so, you might try again without this setting - for Outlook to launch, bounce for a while, and then quite implies that the problem might be in the initial handling of a saved password for authentication.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYlpSVmhxR0NFQ1FVcENFNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9