Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Instant Search

One of Outlook 2007's best features is Instant Search, but it requires the Windows Desktop Search component to run. Has anyone managed to get this to work? How?
-Hank

Hi,

I'm currently working on this (I've changed from Office 2000 to Office 2007 a few days ago).

I nearly got it to run but there are some issues left.

Would you mind submitting a support ticket for this issue, we are tracking it right now and are curious how many users are looking to have this functional. Just put 'Instant Search' in the subject line.

Thanks in advance.

Have you been able to get this to work? Our developers are preparing to work on this feature, so if you have not, we would appreciate it if you could submit a support ticket so that we can track this issue.

Thank you.

Agreed, definitely need Instant Search! What's progress..?

I agree! Instant search needs some priority put on it. Outlook 07 in CrossOver is much better than in a VM, but I'll miss being able to find things 'instantly'.

-Tom

I'd like to see this functionality as well. I would put a support ticket in, but because I downloaded Crossover when it was free I am unable to.

Don't worry there are already 3 assigned tickets for this issue:

You can send an email to info@codeweavers.com which will open a ticket. Unfortunately three tickets is not really enough to put a bug on our radar, it takes a few more, so the more the better.

Hans Leidekker wrote:

It's called ESE (Extensible Storage Engine):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684493(VS.85).aspx

Reimplementing it should be measured in years rather than months.

Unfortunately this is the current status of getting Instant Search to work with CrossOver. We do have quite a few requests for work on this feature and as we get more the priority of it will go up. As that happens it will get more attention and would then potential allow for several developers to work on it. Until that time, the above is true. So, if you would like to see this feature added, please contact us with either a support ticket or an email and reference bug 4392.

My apologies for the bad news.

The best workaround I found was to install Copernic Desktop Search 2.3 (do not use the up to date 3.x of Copernic as it s not stable with Crossover 8 or 9)

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVVrSkh0eWtTcVMyYnhkeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9