Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 Save Account Password?

I've gotten Outlook 2007 running fairly well on crossover 7.1.0, but I get prompted for my account password every time I start up Outlook (despite checking the 'remember password' options in the login window).

This can be problematic at times, because the login window will sometimes end up behind the Outlook application on my desktop, and Outlook will block until I enter my login password, but since it's blocked, I cannot move the window to get to the login window (alt+tab does not show login window). Sortof like a catch-22 situation.

There some way to get Outlook to remember account passwords so the login box does not come up at all?

This is a known issue in crossover and they were working on a solution, although it has been some time now since I have read any new updates about the situation. It is not just you, it does not work for any of us. The only way to see the box when it pops up behind is to minimize the screen to see it. I have gotten in the habit of minimizing outlook at the start just so i can see when it prompts.

Ah, thanks for the info, glad to know it's not just me :)

The issue I'm having with simply minimizing the Outlook window to get to the login box is that the entire Outlook application blocks while waiting for the login box, therefore the 'minimize' button on the Outlook window does not function, leading to the catch-22 if the login box comes up behind the Outlook window.

Though I guess all of that is moot if/when the password saving is implemented, since the login box will only come up initially on 1st start (and again if pass changes, etc)

Try holding down the alt button while clicking and dragging the title bar to move the window out of the way so you can get to the password login popup.

Yep, that allows me to view the password prompt. Now to wait for a fix so I do not have to keep entering the password :)

craftyguy wrote:

Yep, that allows me to view the password prompt. Now to wait for a
fix so I do not have to keep entering the password :)

Any idea on timeline or ETA for this?

since I upgraded to crossover 9. it mostly keep my save credential though I still have some disconnection

Once outlook is disconnected I have no other choice than to stop it and relaunch it :(

Hello,

i´m on 9.1 on Mac.

Any news on the "saving login password" problem?

Thanks a lot
Sebastian

I think there's 2 issues here, depending on how you're using Outlook:

1) the originally reported issue, where the password isn't actually saved.

2) a separate issue I've only been able to reproduce against Exchange, where each Outlook thread must be individually authenticated (count your password prompt requests at launch, and compare this to the instances of "OUTLOOK.EXE" in an "htop" search (ps and top don't count threads). I haven't even filed a bug against this yet, as I only figured out that's what's going on.

Anyone who's seeing multiple password prompts, can you provide more information about how you're using Outlook, against what kind of server (version of Exchange, if using Exchange would be helpful), and if you're inside the same network as the mail server, or remote (across the internet). I'll cross-post the bug here shortly.

I'm running Outlook 2007 against Exchange 2003 servers. I only get one password prompt for that. However I do get a separate password prompt from a Sharepoint server because I view a shared calendar set up that resides there. That used to crash Outlook. Now it doesn't crash, but that shared calendar doesn't actually update. Haven't spent any time trying to debug that though.

htop shows a couple dozen threads running.

Some number of versions of Crossover ago, there was a problem that if you checked 'saved password' Outlook would crash on startup. So I've never checked that box and still don't dare to 😊

--Rick

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFBnZ3lWYVJkOGhYMlh2RyIsImdkcHIiOjB9