Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Free/Busy Information

I'm not sure if this is an issue with my CrossOver install or not. My Outlook instance in a CrossOver bottle can't seem to get free/busy information from our Exchange server. I have Outlook set up to connect over HTTPS (Outlook Anywhere). Has anyone else seen free/busy info work in CrossOver over Outlook Anywhere?

I can confirm that I have the same problem. I haven't spent a great deal of time trying to figure out why, though.

Yep, discovered this for myself the other day, too. Haven't had a chance to figure anything out, though.

I am having the same problem.
One lead I have (and I hope this pans out because otherwise we are pretty screwed) is a certificate trust issue. I will attempt to import the certificate of our domain's autodiscover service into the bottle, and see if that helps.

I giving Codewavers a try. Is there anyone at all that has found a solution for free/busy? This is essential for us.

Thanks!

I found a solution that works for me. Outlook 2007 by default uses "Availability Service" to get that information. We're running that but Outlook under CrossOver doesn't seem to find it. Outlook 2003 uses public folders and those work. The following web site is what I followed:

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/17227

Basically run regedit in your Office bottle and put in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar
Value Type: DWORD
Value Name: UseLegacyFB
Values:0 or not set (default behavior which is to use the Availability Service) or 1 (use Public Folder based Free/Busy information)

When I added that and set it to 1, free/busy started working.

--Rick

seeing the same issue. Registry key fixed it. thanks!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU204U0NidHJKUEFRYUdCbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9