Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 won't fully sync Exchange 2007 mailbox

This is on OSX 10.5.7, Crossover 8.0.1. I have many hosted Exchange 2007 accounts at Intermedia.net and I am unable to get a full mailbox sync with Outlook 2007. Outlook 2003 works like a charm.

I did a fresh install of Outlook 2007. Then installed Office 2007 SP1. All successful. I setup the exchange account with no problem. When outlook starts it pulls down about 1/3 of the mail then stops transferring. If I click send and receive it will get to about 85% and then sit there forever.

I have tried this on 3 different mailboxes, and using 3 different versions of Office 2007. MSDN Ultimate, Shrinkwrap 2007 Professional, and the Intermedia provided Outlook 2007 standalone and all exhibit the exact same symptoms.

I would love to purchase crossover to run outlook, but without being able to run Outlook 2007 it would not be very useful. There has to be something simple I am missing as Outlook 2003 works great.

Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Also it seems like the Offline Address Book can't be downloaded either. Looks like the autodiscovery feature is used for more then just setting up your mailbox.

Thanks!
Steven

I cannot even get it to run using the profile helper.

Now I am trying to do it manually and that's not working.

I am trying another program called Postbox under Mac OS.

It is quite good and good searching and can edit subjects just like Outlook.

Hi Steven, I know that this answer is not an exact solution to your problem under outlook 2007, but if you already have Exchange 2007 installed and working, why don't you try mail, calendar and contacts directly from mac os? it's widely known that mac os x snow leopard is fully compatible with exchange 2007, not just email but calendar and contacts with full synchronization. Can't you upgrade or just don't want to? if so you may have to be happy with Outlook 2003, it works fine with minor errors and I don't see big difference on a production environment with outlook 2007, my recommendation upgrade to Snow Leopard asap.

Regards.
José Luis.

Hi Steven,

As mentioned in a previous thread, I have been in a very similar situation, synchronization being incomplete or not happening.
Reducing my MTU instantly helped, and boxes are now synchronizing happily. I'm not sure i it can help or not in your case but I'd really advise you to try, because for me the result was spectacular.

I don't use OSX so hard to tell you how to do it there, but surely googling it will help.

Best of luck !

Alban

I, too, have been having trouble syncing. In my case it was Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003 (I think). The trick of reducing my MTU solved the problem instantly.

This command worked for me. I shut down Outlook, ran it, then restarted Outlook. Whether I needed to shut down I don't know.
sudo ifconfig eth1 mtu 1430

I also don't know if a larger MTU would have worked.

Thanks for the tip, Alban.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFA3dTRSZHR2M2h3emZYSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9