Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 and attachments

Been looking through various forums and haven't really come across this...

Should I expect attachments to work with Bronze support of Outlook 2007?

I can open attachments in their appropriate Linux associated app but adding attachments causes Outlook to crash as soon as the browse file dialog opens.

Any others experience this?

I am installing Office 2007 from scratch now using CX Pro 9 to see if things are better.

Thanks for your hard work guys..

Yes, that should work. (it always did)
I'll fresh install soon (running a nightly build prior to 9.0) - and then I can confirm 100%

Yes.
Clean installed CX 9, then Office 2007, attachments are fine.

Actually, you can get cases where attachments don't display in line, or operate
quite right. (You seem to always be able to get them; you may have to do a file...save
as, but it's not quite right).

We're trying to figure out what creates those special cases so we can fix 'em,
but we haven't quite gotten there yet. Every time we try to make it happen,
it works fine for us 😉

Cheers,

Jeremy

Yup the fresh install seems to have cleared it up for me.

Thanks.

Jeremy: please observe that he experienced crash when trying to add attachment - I think you are commenting on opening/saving attachments.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieXBFWGhMcG1RNHk3ZEJFQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9