Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2007 Crashes on exit

I recently upgraded to Crossover Linux 9 Standard running Ubuntu 8.10 and reinstalled MS Office 2007. Everything works fairly well with some quirks. I use Outlook 2007 daily and all functions work as expected. However, everytime I close Outlook it crashes and pops up the old MS send report screen. Anyway, I have no idea why its crashing and its more of a nuisance than anything. However, I have noticed that some things that used to be cached, such as email address, are not being cached. Anyone have any idea where to look or what to look for to see why this is happening?

Thanks,
Carl.

Carl Wilen wrote:

I recently upgraded to Crossover Linux 9 Standard running Ubuntu
8.10 and reinstalled MS Office 2007. Everything works fairly well
with some quirks. I use Outlook 2007 daily and all functions work as
expected. However, everytime I close Outlook it crashes and pops up
the old MS send report screen. Anyway, I have no idea why its
crashing and its more of a nuisance than anything. However, I have
noticed that some things that used to be cached, such as email
address, are not being cached. Anyone have any idea where to look or
what to look for to see why this is happening?

Thanks,
Carl.

Sorry, not an answer but just 'bumping' this thread as I came in to post the same situation. Using OpenSUSE 11.3 64bit, Crossover Linux 9.01 Professional, MS Office 2007 Small Business.

I concur, Outlook seems to function very well, I use it exclusively for a busy email account. Same issue upon closing. I close the program and it appears to shutdown, and then the old crash/send report dialog pops up. There seem to be no ill effects the next time I start Outlook.. so I dunno.. it is consistent.

[edit]
I suspected my attempt to install the 'instant search' feature had something related to do with this, so I removed my Office 2007 bottle and re-installed, this time avoiding installing 'Windows Search 4.0'. My Outlook isn't crashing on exit any longer. Perhaps if you have also tried to install the instant search feature in Outlook, it may be related to this issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1p5NHg3R0JCYzd1OWFOSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9