Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook can't connect

Starting outlook works, but when I try to authenticate my account, it says outlook is not online. I am though and I have install nss-mdns.

Did you have a resolution to this? I am having a similar issue.

Saro,

Are you still having this issue? If so, a few additional details would be good; like Linux distro (or Mac), version, Crossover version, 64bit vs. 32bit. As much details as possible would be good (but not logs at this time).

I'm having the same issue. the network check outlook does in the wizard says the network is OK. i also installed IE6 on the same bottle and it runs and connects fine... I have an open ticket about this, but so far I'm stuck... any pointers?

m.

Configuring Outlook 2007 initially seems to be a problem for a lot of people.

you can add me to the list of people ready to buy cross-over, if only I could get outlook to connect.

In my case - it is Mac OS 10.5.8, crossoever 9.2, so latest and greatest software.

How can it be this difficult?

rsercely wrote:

you can add me to the list of people ready to buy cross-over, if
only I could get outlook to connect.

In my case - it is Mac OS 10.5.8, crossoever 9.2, so latest and
greatest software.

How can it be this difficult?

Need more info. How are you trying to connect? Corp Exchange server? Web mail? More details the better.

uh - web mail does not use outlook, it uses a browser, so it wouldn't be that, would it?

Yes it is corporate exchange server, which is a version/configuration not supported by mac Mail, hence my desperate need to try to get crossover working.

I have installed outlook 2007 on a physical windows box, and on crossover 9.2 running on mac os 10.6.5, i.e., used same disk for both.

It is working on windows. In crossover, I get the all too common error that starts "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable..."

Exact same install and configuration in every way. ONLY difference - crossover vs physical pc. Both computers are even connected to same home network, so should not be network/firewall or anything like that.

rsercely wrote:

uh - web mail does not use outlook, it uses a browser, so it
wouldn't be that, would it?

By webmail I was referring to something like Windows Live Hotmail, smtp, pop3 for example... not everyone uses Outlook for just Corp email.

Did you by chance check the "Connection Issues" post under "Tips & Tricks" tab? It's about the 7th tip down.

Yes, I read all the documentation available on this web site, and tried it all.

I created a case, and got a response back that says sometimes accounts are tricky - try deleting your profile in its entirety and recreating, or even recreate the bottle.

I kept deleting and creating the profile, and guess I got the magic because it now works. No real idea why.

I think I might have had a bad config parameter when I first created the email profile. (see above about deleting re-adding). Seems like changing a profile is hit or miss.

Also - being new to mac - I think there may have been pop-up windows "hidden" behind other windows. I would recommend to those having problems - close ALL programs but the crossover/outlook windows so you can see any popups.

Mine is ubuntu 10.10 64bit. I've deleted the bottle, re-added the bottle over and over and tried a whole lot of different things. Nothing so far.
Saro

I assume you are trying to connect to an exchange server.

did you specify the domain in Linux ?
if not - try FQDN name of the server, (like server.domain.local) or even better, the servers IP address.
you should try IP anyway..

Yep, did all that. It seems to work in a 32bit VM on the same machine. Just not on the 64bit host.

I have the same problema with Ubuntu 10.10 64Bits and CrossOver 10 Pro.

I've tried IP and all the tips suggested here.

Is possible to be the 64bits Ubuntu version and his libraries?

Thanks in advanced.

I'd suggest running "cxdiag" and resolving the related dependencies. Depending on how you installed CXOffice it might be in your home directory (~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag) or in /opt (/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag). A default install of Ubuntu 10.10 64bit does not have the 32bit libraries needed for MS Outlook to run. I use Outlook 2007 on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit without much trouble, but a lot depends on how your admin setup the exchange server, how you configured Outlook to talk to your exchange server and if you've installed the required 32bit libraries that Wine/Crossover needs to be happy. And by-the-way Crossover will install Outlook even if you are missing the libraries needed to make it run... but it will display a warning at the time you tried to install it, but I admit to missing that warning once and struggling for days wondering why it worked on Fedora 14 and Ubuntu 10.04 but not Ubuntu 10.10 (all 64bit).

1 to 16 of 16

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM2VWZUFOU1VIZnlkQTN0RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9