Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[Solution] Help Outlook/Exchange by reducing your MTU

I ran into frustrating issues such as outlook only partially updating my Inbox, or completely getting stuck and not updating at all. I'm connecting to Exchange over HTTPS.
Reducting (rather drastically but well) my MTU to 1024 solved the issue instantly !
I'm not sure if it has to be done in Wine (I did it by creating HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\MTU with regedit, the keys Tcpip and Parameters didn't exist, nor the DWORD MTU).
Anyway, I also did it on my system (ifconfig eth0 mtu 1024, careful it's not persistent, only for test for now).
I restarted Outlook, and it happily downloaded all my stuck e-mails :)

Hope that can help somebody else !

Alban

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia3gzQzQ5Z3dFRVZGV0tZZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9