Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 2007 Service pack 1/2 installs OK but Crossover displays failure message

OpenSUSE 11.3 64bit
Crossover Pro 9.01 RPM install

install of Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 (CD remains in drive entire time)
immediate after installing the above, install the Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Update.

The service Pack 1 installs, CD is not accessed. Windows installer dialog appears and informs it has installed successfully, I click on OK and Crossover tell me it didn't install and asks to skip, retry, etc.. I choose 'Skip', Service pack 2 installs, with similar results. The CD is never accessed, the Windows installer tells me it installed OK, but Crossover tells me there was/were failures.

If I check the 'About' screen in Word, it shows the following version:

Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6514.5001) MSO (12.0.4518.1014)
Part of Microsoft Office Small Business 2007

Should I be concerned that it isn't mentioning SP2? I'm confused over one dialog telling me it was installed OK, and the other dialog telling me it failed.

I have the log file from the install, but not sure if I need to open a support ticket or not. (I still have lvl 2 support for about 10 months)

Hello,

If the SP2 is installed the about box must say: Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6425.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000)

Probably the SP2 was not completely installed

Regards,
Carlos

I have the exact same problem.
SP1/2 installation say OK but crossover say an error.

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32bit
Crossover Pro 9.1.0 SH install

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSkh5VFlFdmZySEs1Y3NhNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9