Microsoft Outlook 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

outlook wont accept user/pass auth for exchange

Hello,

I cant seem to get outlook to connect to our exchange server using my AD auth info.

I have tried reinstalling/new bottle several times, recreating mail accounts more times. Tried the RPC regkey suggestion, tried compiling/installing nss-mdns, tried using username "domain/user" and "user@FQDN.local", tried several different users/accounts and even different exchange servers (2k7 & 2k10) either by referencing a host.FQDN or IP of server. Tried repairing the email account and using the fqdn/server as a proxy. Even had a friend replicate this on a different machine (same rough builds) and connecting to a different network/exchange server.

Every time after i type in the user/pass it just pops the window back up and never "accepts" it to do a full auth. After i ESC out it says "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

Using a current Gentoo Linux build that's AMD64, cxpro 9.2 via .sh
Installed app = Office 2k7 Standard.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Ive read this entire forum, the tips and tricks, and tried everything mentioned thus far. Sounds like its probably some kind of bug.. Should i file a ticket for this?

Thanks!

Also interesting to note when doing the regkey add: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/12.0" : It didnt have the two key folders underneath that "Outlook/RPC". I simply created them before adding the DWORD entry, however i didnt notice in the steps where it indicated one might have to do that, so not sure if that shines light onto another problem or not. (I hate Windows Reigstry's).

I'm having the same problem on AMD64 Funtoo as well. When you setup nss-mdns, did you add a 32-bit version of it too?

Okay, I managed to get this working. I tried adding the "ldap" use flag, in hopes that that would somehow make a difference. It didn't seem to. However, I noticed when I ran Outlook that there were error messages about not finding smb.conf. So, I setup a default smb.conf file (not even a terribly useful one) and just like that! It works!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUFRDRkg5OHNlMnBVWGFScCIsImdkcHIiOjB9