Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 (XP) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphics in Presentations are not displaying

In my installation of Powerpoint XP (SuSE 9.1pro), when I add a graphics object (using the menu or by pasting) to a presentation it ends up as an empty frame with a little red cross in it - powerpoints way of telling you under windows that it could not correctly load the image.

However, the size of the image is correct and - this is very weird - when I rotate the image, it is suddenly visible. Oh, and in the preview bar, it shows up correctly as well (rotated or not).

Does anybody have any ideas?

Harald

I have exactly the same problem, actually the problem appears when the rotation is 0 degrees. So the image can be used, adjusting the degrees to 1.
However if after this the image is resized it is lost again.
It is very annoing.
This does not happen with powerpoint 2000.
By the way, I am using 3.0.
Jose

Nice workaround.

Unfortunately, rotating every image in a large presentation you have received from a third party is not very practical.

Since the basics of image display obviously work fine as long as you have rotated images, there does not seem to be something fundamentally wrong with the Powerpoint XP support. In fact, it's the only problem I have encountered yet. Is this something very hard to fix?

It would promote Powerpoint XP from silver to gold ... at least for me 😊

Hey Harald, I think that I got a solution.
I just increased the colour resolution from 16 bpp to 24. ( I saw this trick for a background issue in the FAQ, so I said who knows?)
Apparently it is working fine.
Try it, and let me know.

Regards
Jose

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1RDMkxRVllVeGNTNEFTcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9