Microsoft Project 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unzips but cannot install?

Crossover 10.0.1
Mac OS 10.6.6
MS Project 2007 32bit

I have a .EXE installer for Project and when Crossover hits the point where it runs the installer it prompts to unzip files to a temp directory. On completion there are only options to close or skip the installation. This seems like an obvious problem, what am I missing here? Sorry in advance if this is a n00b question!

The EXE you have is actually just a self-extracting ZIP file. The actual installer is inside.

Since you've already extracted it to a temp directory, you can launch the installer from that temp location. if you can't find that temp location, you can likely use the Mac "archive" or "unzip" program to unpack the EXE file as if it were a regular ZIP file, then use the unpacked installer to install Project 2007.

Rob

Thanks Rob. That got that basic install through, but now that installed I am getting error:

"Microsoft Office Project has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."

Any ideas?

I do NOT have Office 07 installed in this bottle.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidVVBRjdCekJYc1VwZHdaZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9